Time: 4:00 PM
Location: Elko High School (Original Campus of University of Nevada). 987 College Avenue. Elko, NV (Elko)
Description: The University of Nevada opened its doors in Elko, NV on October 12, 1874. On October 26, 1974, a dedication was held for a bell monument that was erected as part of the University of Nevada Centennial Celebration. The original University of Nevada Bell had been moved to Reno when the University of Nevada left Elko. The original bell was returned to Elko as part of University of Nevada Centennial Celebration and is now located on the Elko High School campus in the original location of the university. The wood timber bell monument has deteriorated and is being replaced by a new brick monument. The rededication will mark the 140th year of the University of Nevada and the site where higher education began in Nevada. Join University alumni and friends in northeastern Nevada who are working to build a new monument structure for the bell from the original University of Nevada building in Elko. For more information or to donate please call 775-397-7536.
Phone Number: 775-397-7536